Since 1971, the Boylston Historical Society has endeavored
to live up to its motto, "Preserve the Past for the Future".
Such a commitment involves more than collecting and preserving
the historical and cultural heritage of the community. Included as
well is a total dedication to providing members with every
opportunity to increase their knowledge and appreciation of the
people and events which created present day Boylston.
Prior to 1971, Boylston had no written history, no collected
memorabilia, and its records were scattered throughout the community
and beyond. The Society helped to change all of that, and today we
rank in the fore-front of historical awareness.
The Society's headquarters
are in the Old Town Hall (1830) which was totally renovated in the
1980's. Over 16,000 artifactual and archival items are part of the
Society's many collections.
The George and Sybil Fuller Memorial
Research Library holds over 1600 volumes which includes an extensive
genealogical section and numerous reference books on American
history available to researchers by
Our Museum offers interesting exhibits
and the Gift Shop provides visitors with the
opportunity to acquire local history books, postcards, and other
mementoes of historic Boylston.
The Society embarked on a
major publication project in early 1995. In less than a year it had
published three volumes dealing with: [1.]the Civil War in Boylston; [2.]"Wish You Were Here" - photos of turn of the
century postcards depicting Boylston and [3.]the biography of the
first minister, Rev. Ebenezer Morse. Since
that time we have published many more volumes and continue to
produce quality historical publications. Please visit our gift shop for the complete list of
The Boylston Historical Society is a tax-exempt, non-profit
organization. All proceeds from sales, donations, and memberships go to fund Society projects and to
the up-keep of the archives so that future generations might enjoy
them. The future is filled with opportunities for further growth and
the Society looks forward to spreading its message of appreciation
for Boylston's heritage.